Nuffnang Ads

Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

LETTER TO GOD

This is my entry to Ms. Joy's "Letter To God" contest. I didn't win but it was a very good experience.
I would like to thank her for giving me an opportunity.


LETTER TO GOD


MY NOTE TO GOD

Father it's been a while since we last talked.
I always sing songs and talk to people about you.
But then I can't truly recall the last time we sat together
and had a heart to heart talk.

Father forgive my inadequacy
For words wouldn't be enough to express my gratitude and
reverential respect towards you.
I know I am not the best, but Father I plea!
Hear me out! Extend your love and compassion upon me!

You see Lord, my childhood was not the best.
I lacked fatherly love-- I must confess.
My lonely heart has had no rest.
But, because of your love I have been blessed.

This letter is not solely for me.
But for the little angels, yes! that's who they're gonna be.
Children that I haven't met yet,
blessings that I will love till my last breath.

Father I pray that you guide me.
To be the best mom I can be.
Don't let the hatred for my biological father be seen.
But, let the wonderful love of my mom intervene.

Let the things I've learned from every suffering,
Teach them that in every failure there comes winning.
Let my hands and feet be the extension of yours,
That you may perfectly guide them through life's different doors.

Let them grow strong to defeat and stand against every adversity
but be kind and gentle to those who need it.
May your wisdom help them in their every decision.
Enough to judge between right and wrong.

Help me Father, to raise them in modesty.
Where you are the center of the family.
Keep them safe from this harsh and promiscuous world
And let them look forward to heaven's gold.

This note comes from the heart.
Of your child. Of your servant.
And a future mom.

_genskie_

39 comments:

  1. You din't win? But it was well written!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you fear and adore God, you will be a great mom :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salamat Meow meow sana nga maging mabuti akong ina in the future :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes He will... Thank you so much Ms. A

      Delete
  4. Hey babe! been awhile since i visited. Love this letter to God. I pray He'll listen. Keep up the good work, He's watching from above and will reward accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute. And so heartwarming. I hope your future kids will be like you. Scarred but hopeful..Nice poem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. L. ... sana nga po I'll be a good mom

      Delete
  6. What a great letter and when it comes form the heart it generates its own energy. Thank you for this sharing of the heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words John :)

      Delete
  7. I hope God answers your prayer! Well written!

    ReplyDelete
  8. god will always be there if you believe~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this . God always listen to our prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Mr. B. Congratulations sa iyo kasi you are one of the top 3 winners :) woot woot galing galing!

      Delete
  10. Very heart warming, touching and real.
    Hey you want to share some news with us then???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sanaa if you are wondering whether I am preggy or not... the answer is I am not. I just wrote this poem for my future children.
      Thank you so much dear :)

      Delete
  11. For God, you too is a winner. Thanks for joining Genskie. A letter that really touches our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maraming salamat po sa opportunity Ms. Joy.. super special po sakin ang contest na ito :)

      Delete
  12. good writer ka talaga Gen. para sa akin panalo ka :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. morethan winning and the experience sa tingin ko mas valuable tong contest na to kasi all about GOD, i'm sure we are all winners to him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tama ka jan Mecoy... super special ng contest na ito :)

      Delete
  14. hmmm, this is definitely a very nice written piece of work.. but you didn't win?? the winning letter to god must be super beautiful then.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes all the entries were beautiful Sk. :)

      Delete
  15. omg.. i just cried for how much beautiful this letter is!
    Don't worry you will find true ,pure, unconditional love and happiness soon, Even if u already have love from us and ur handsome bf! Lucky girl!

    I do really have to apologize to you for not commenting or checking up on u int he last weeks but i have been trough too much stress by my own. i may write an expalatory post if i take all the courage to do it.. Still processing..

    Btw i just wanted to tell u that i have been reading all ur posts (since ur blog is into my favorites ) and i love them all ! U rock girl!
    Loved the last part of ur story!
    and i love keeping up with ur amazing talented writing ! U will be a writer one day , I'm sure of that!

    In the while millions of kisses and vritual hugs to u!!!!!

    Always smile because u can never know how many people's days u can change wih just a smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you so much for the love girl friend :)

      Delete
  16. That was very beautiful. You'll be a wonderful mother!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous really beautiful and moving.
    Amazing job so well written, thank you for sharing

    Carrieanne x

    http://imjustalittlepixie.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. a heartfelt prayer.
    Amen.
    Lord, hear our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. God answers heartfelt prayers... Yours are surely straight from the heart... well-written.

    ReplyDelete
  20. indeed a heartfelt prayer. Galing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. future mom???? wow! congrats Gen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mathea oh now, I am not expecting ..this is just a prayer hehehehe
      :)

      Delete

LEAVE ME SOME GOOD LOVIN! <3